Most companies hire based on gut feel and credentials, not evidence of a candidate’s ability to excel at the job. Today's most forward-thinking Engineering leaders know that talent is everywhere and comes from a variety of backgrounds. They know that great senior engineers are great at debugging, technical communication, and architecture beyond writing great code. Woven scenarios allow hiring teams to predict how well candidates will perform on the job, not how well they will perform in an interview.
Who you are
- You are committed to the craft of product design, ready to join a lean team and do it your way.
- You've partnered with Product Management and Engineering to identify, sponsor, and shape new opportunities. You care about why you're building something, not just what.
- You're no stranger to the messy middle of the work: assessing constraints and risk, de-risking the ideal solution path, and iterating on the design during development as we learn. You consider the technical, product, and business needs of the company with each decision.
- You care deeply about great user discovery and have experience in conducting user tests and running experiments.
- You have an understanding of complex UX principles, and find yourself prioritizing those principles over aesthetics when tradeoffs are necessary.
- You’re a great communicator, including written communication (extra important in our remote world).
- Most of our product team is US-based and we still collaborate synchronously, so your work schedule should be within a few hours of US Eastern.
- You probably have 2+ years of professional experience designing experiences that empower the end-user.
What you’ll do
- You’ll design user-centric, delightful experiences to help our customers identify and hire great team members.
- You'll collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Customer Success to help understand our users, build empathy, and solve problems with design.
- You’ll set experience standards through a design system.
- You’ll build clickable prototypes and conduct synchronous and asynchronous user tests frequently to ensure our designs are achieving measurable outcomes.
- You’ll move quickly and embody our 1% better value by improving designs iteratively.
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally to influence prioritization and strategic product planning.
- You'll socialize and elevate the role of design and design thinking within the company.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't have this exact experience! In the worst case, you’ll waste a bit of time on your application. In the best case, you land your dream job. It's worth a shot, right?
- Fully remote work at a fully remote company with flexible hours
- Significant equity in a high-growth startup, and all financials needed to evaluate stock option value
- Unlimited PTO with 38 days off minimum
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- 8 weeks 100% paid parental leave at 1 year
- Radical transparency: company financials, strategy, compensation, etc
- A tech stipend for great gear, home office improvements, and extracurricular learning
- A passionate team of co-conspirators
Reasons not to apply
- We just raised our Series A and will be scaling rapidly. Be ready for change to come fast and often!
- This role will involve a lot of iteration and soliciting feedback from users. If you like to go away, spend a lot of time on high fidelity mockups, and hand those over throw those over the wall to the engineering team, you won’t find that here.
- You’ll be reporting to the Director of Product. Much of what you do in this role will be net new and driven by you. We’re here to support you and will be happy to assist you in pursuing professional development inside and outside of Woven—and you’ll definitely be the best designer at Woven. If you’re not interested in a high level of autonomy and responsibility, this may not be the right role.
- This is a hands-on, individual contributor role, not a management role. We strongly believe in parity between management and non-management roles, but there will be an opportunity for people management a couple of years down the road.
We recently raised our series A totaling $10MM in funding from High Alpha and Allos Ventures - investors in incredible companies like Lessonly, Salesloft and G2.
We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.