Most companies hire based on gut feel and credentials, not evidence of a candidate’s ability to excel at the job. Today's most forward-thinking Engineering leaders know that talent is everywhere and comes from a variety of backgrounds. They know that great senior engineers are great at debugging, technical communication, and architecture beyond writing great code. Woven scenarios allow hiring teams to predict how well candidates will perform on the job, not how well they will perform in an interview.
What sets Woven apart from other technical assessments is our scenarios (aka work simulations): they look like real work; they’re short and sweet; and they measure skills like coding, written communication, and systems thinking. In this role, you’ll be working collaboratively with our team to help us create exciting new scenarios and level up our existing greatest hits.
We believe our scenarios are the industry’s best shot at fair, fast, and fun hiring. We’re looking for a scenario content engineer to help us continue to make our mark in the hiring movement.
You’ll get to:
- Create and test new scenarios collaboratively with our team and users
- Create and update rubrics
- Help us shape the scenario creation process
- Influence priority of a backlog / roadmap of requested scenario changes
- Improve our existing scenarios
- Implement scenario or rubric changes based on candidate feedback
- Recruit users and others to help co-design and test our in-progress scenarios
- At least 2 years professional experience in software engineering
- Excellent English writing and reading skills; good at speaking English
- Familiarity with statically typed languages like C++, C#, Java, Go, or Rust
- Help create a fun, high energy environment where people love to work
We’ll be especially excited about meeting you if:
- You have experience creating work simulations
- You have relevant experience creating educational or training materials aimed at leveling users up or assessing skills
- You have passion or experience in eliminating bias in hiring
- We’ll select a few applicants to go through a paid Woven work simulation to evaluate your written and technical abilities and become familiar with the Woven as a product.
- If that goes well, we’ll work together on some small projects to make sure it’s a good fit and to get you up to speed in our environment.
What makes Woven different:
- Remote-first environment with flexible hours
- Market salary
- Radical transparency: company financials, strategy, etc
We love remote, but don’t love timezones. Our synchronous collaboration availability hours are 10:00am EST - 2:00pm EST, where we make ourselves available to block working sessions and meetings (though rarely use more than 1 hour per day). UTC -4/-5 (see https://time.is/ET)
Learn more about Woven at www.woventeams.com
We recently raised our series A totaling $10MM in funding from High Alpha and Allos Ventures - investors in incredible companies like Lessonly, Salesloft and G2.
We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.